Sedation dentistry uses medication to help you relax for a better dental care experience. Sedation dentistry can even help patients with severe dental anxiety.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits to meet your individual needs. Sedation allows your body to relax more completely. This increases the effectiveness of local anesthesia.
Laughing gas is a mild form of sedation, which means you'll be able to drive yourself home after your appointment. Likewise, you'll be able to resume your normal schedule, whether you need to head to class or the office.
In every case, your sedation is closely monitored by experienced dental professionals who ensure your safety and comfort.
Laughing gas is a mild dental sedation medication. Once inhaled, it induces a state of mild relaxation. It also reduces sensitivity to pain.
Laughing gas is safe for patients of all ages, including children. Following treatment, we use oxygen to neutralize the effects of the laughing gas. Once this is complete, you will be alert and able to drive yourself home.
At your appointment, be sure to tell us:
- Any prescription medications or over-the-counter medications you are taking
- Any herbal or nutritional supplements you are using
- Any allergies you have, particularly medication reactions
- Any health conditions you have
- Any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment or sedation dentistry